Air Hostess As A Career Option
- The required age is 19-27 in India. America doesn’t really have any age restrictions.
- 10+2 equivalent or graduates in Hotel Management or Tourism Management are preferred eligible.
- Most importantly, he/she should be knowing the national language, English and any of the foreign language.
- An Indian passport is must.
Talking about physical standards:
- Height should be 157.5cms or 5.2ft and higher. Weight should be in accordance of height.
- Perfect eyesight is very crucial. If in favor of contact lenses, up to -2D (minus two diopters) is favorable.
- A good smile giving sense of pleasure is the first need.
- Swimming is these days a mandatory requirement. It can help safeguarding passengers in any emergency.
- Good looks, voice quality, medical fitness and proper work experience always counts.
There are various training institutes in India that offer good courses for aviation.
- Air Hostess Academy
- Universal Aviation Academy or U. A. A.
- Frankfinn Institute Of Air Hostess Training
- Indian Institute Of Aircraft Engineering
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics
After institutional training, the airline calls for screening. The screening includes a written examination. After qualifying the examination, a group discussion is conducted followed by personal interview. If passed in all, the selected candidate is taken for a 3 month training program. In training all required aspects are taught to the candidate including the technical and non technical facts. During the training, safety measures and first aid is taught, grooming, hygiene and service qualities are also given importance. Later emergency demonstrations, passenger psychology, conversation art, emergency evacuation system etc are followed by completion of the training.
Finally, talking about the salary aspect, in aviation the pay scale starts with Rs 16,000 to Rs 75,000 per month. Domestic airlines start with Rs 25,000 per month. A senior position in domestic airline pays Rs 50,000 to Rs 75,000 per month. In international airlines, the pay scale goes up to Rs 2,00,000 per month.
Flying is a dream of every single individual. If you are willing to make the dream your career, you can be an air hostess.
- - Advertisement - -