Aloe Vera: Fountain of Youth
- - Advertisement - -
– By C.G. AKHILA
(Nurture nature’s gift in your nursery and nourish your skin naturally)
Can you imagine an anti ageing secret glowing at your house garden? You can actually have this fountain of youth amidst your beautiful garden, making you push aside all those expensive and chemically induced anti ageing creams. And the good news is that this new anti ageing secret recipe can be absolutely free. The only investment required is an earthen pot and a mug full of water everyday. Any guesses??
Yes, this miracle plant is none other than the next door plant Aloe Vera called ‘Ghrit-Kumaaree’ in Hindi. The medicinal plant which is known for its healing and anti cancerous qualities is actually a game changer when it comes to one’s age.
Dermatologist Doctor Dr. Ajay Gupta, Durg, says “Aloe Vera if consumed empty stomach every morning reverses the aging process of one’s body.” A regular consumer of Aloe vera will be blessed forever by the blessings of ‘Hebe’, the Greek goddess of youth.
Plant of Immortality
Aloe Vera has been used since time immemorial for its soothing and healing properties. Even Christopher Columbus used it to heal wounds. The Egyptians claimed it to be “the plant for immortality.”
Researchers have discovered Aloe Vera’s multiple benefits, among which its anti ageing property is most discussed. A recent review in the Indian Journal of Dermatology confirms its anti-aging effects. In the review researchers has discussed that presence of amino acids in the gel, enables it to soften hardened skin cells. They have also mentioned that zinc, a mineral found in the plant, acts as an astringent to tighten pores.
How it prevents wrinkles?
The main ingredient present in Aloe Vera that allows the skin to retain moisture is called ‘mucopolysaccharides’. It is a long sugar molecule chain which allows
the skin to retain moisture. It also helps stimulate fibroblast, which produces collagen fibers. This helps the skin to keep its elasticity and get fewer wrinkles.
Aloe juice can be applied on the skin and hair and gives best result when consumed empty stomach every morning. Aloe Vera works from inside to reverse wrinkles and prevent new ones from appearing:
- It repairs skin damage like burns, scars, wounds, acne.
- When consumed internally it helps rebuild collagen which helps prevent wrinkles.
- It also penetrates at the DNA level where it fights to prevent collagen breakdown, which again retains elasticity and health of skin.
Best ways to Use:
- Take a small amount of freshly harvested or high quality organic. Aloe gel and massage it into your skin in circular motion for 2-3 minutes. If done before sleep it will help to release toxins at night and tone facial skin.
- It can also be used as eye cream that can help reduce dark circles.
- You can mix 1 teaspoon of aloe gel and one Vitamin E capsule and apply to areas where wrinkles are forming.
- You can add 1/4 teaspoon of aloe gel to your daily smoothie, preferable in the morning, to promote collagen production and prevent collagen breakdown.
Easy ways to consume Aloe Vera:
The idea of consuming Aloe Vera regularly looks quite easy but it is not so. The mucous gel with its sour taste and nauseous smell can prove to be a very unpleasant way to attain beautiful and youthful skin. In order to find an easy way out certain alternative methods can be tried. One can try these recipes:
1. Virgin Aloe Vera Juice: Cut aloe leaves into small pieces and boil them with a pinch of salt. Avoid over boiling the leaves. After it cools down add lemon juice for taste. Drinking the virgin Aloe Vera juice regularly is excellent to control cholesterol and excessive body weight.
2. Fruity Juice: Add a tablespoon of Aloe Vera pulp to that of cucumber, lemon, apple and orange. Add lemon juice to it for a rich taste. The juice is highly nutritious as other fruits along with aloe add to nutrition value. It is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
3. Exotic Aloe Vera Juice: Take a cup of freshly cut pineapple, half-cup diced carrots, a green apple, two tablespoon of Aloe Vera juice, and one teaspoon of coconut milk. Blend all these ingredients together to make a drink. This fruit juice is an excellent anti-bacterial and anti-viral drink suitable for all.
Homemade skin care products
Aloe Vera also makes wonders when used topically as face masks. Methods for making some effective face masks easily are as follows:
- Mixing 1 tablespoon of aloe gel, a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon raw honey, 1 tablespoon milk, a few drops of rose Water. Add the aloe gel to the paste and mix it well. Apply the paste to your face and neck evenly and leave for 20 minutes. Wash it off with luke warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. Repeat once a week.
- You can also make homemade Aloe Vera spray. For this, take 1 cucumber, 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel, 2 tablespoon rosewater and 1 bottle of mineral water. Peel the cucumber and put in a blender to make a paste, and then strain all the juice from it onto a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of aloe gel and 2 teaspoons of rosewater and mix well. Now, transfer this “juice” into a spray bottle and add the mineral water. This great smelling spray can be used few times a day and enjoy your non-toxic Aloe Vera facial spray!
Most of us run after expensive products to get a fairer and younger look. But we fail to understand that beauty reflects our inner health. Balanced diet, proper sleep, regular workout and a stress free happy lifestyle will never let us grow old. And when it comes to cosmetics depending on nature’s gift like Aloe Vera can be the wisest decision to take. So what are you waiting for? Nurture this nature’s gift in your nursery and nourish your skin naturally.
- - Advertisement - -