How to get rid of Toenail Fungus at Home
Toenail fungus, also known as onychomycosis, is one of the most common skin ailments that are not health hazardous but can be quite embarrassing. And these nails can be nightmares for beauty conscious women. So, if you are also facing this beauty embarrassment and wondering how to remove toenail fungus at home then you are at the right place.
What is toenail fungus?
Toenail fungus is an infection that gets in through cracks in your nail or cuts in your skin. It can make your toenail change color or get thicker. It can also hurt. Because toes are often warm and damp, fungus grows well there. Different kinds of fungi and sometimes yeast affect different parts of the nail. Left untreated, an infection could spread to other toenails, skin, or even your fingernails.
What are the causes for toenail fungus?
A fungal nail infection occurs from the overgrowth of fungi in, under, or on the nail. Fungi thrive in warm, moist environments, so this type of environment can cause them to naturally overpopulate. The same fungi that cause jock itch, athlete’s foot, and ringworm can cause nail infections
How to get rid of toenail fungus at home?
1# Olive Leaf Extract
Another excellent choice for taking out toenail fungus is olive leaf extract. When taken daily as a supplement, this powerful natural remedy not only cures fungal infections. Olive leaf extract is also anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and can help lower cholesterol among other things.
2#White VinegarWhite vinegar is one of the best ingredients for treating toenail fungus because it fights the infection and helps restore the skin’s pH.
- Mix one part of white vinegar with two parts of warm water.
- Soak the affected toenail in this solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off and dry the affected area thoroughly.
- Repeat twice daily until the fungus is gone.
3# Apple Cider Vinegar
The acidic content in the apple cider vinegar prevents the infection from spreading to other nails. Meanwhile, the vinegar helps in killing the fungi and bacteria, thereby treating the yellow and stinking nails.
- Take equal amount of vinegar and water and mix them in a container, wide enough to soak up your feet
- Soak your nails for half an hour on daily basis
- Take out your nails and pat dry them
- Over a period of time, you will notice the nails getting cured
- - Advertisement - -